Are you a foster carer or have you thought about becoming one?
- Kat Thackray
We’re talking to people who are foster carers, or who have been in the past, or who’ve thought about it but haven’t quite got round to it yet.
We’re doing this because the pandemic means that the number of children and teenagers needing foster care is increasing. By understanding the experiences of people who’ve been foster carers, and the considerations of people who are thinking about it, we can help Bristol City Council develop more effective campaigns that will inspire citizens of Bristol to become foster carers.
We would love to talk to you if:
- You’re currently a foster carer
- You’ve been a foster carer in the past
- You think foster caring might be for you, but haven’t really looked into it yet
- An hour’s video chat or phone conversation with a researcher, at a time to suit you, over the next two weeks.
- The thoughts and experiences you share will be combined into one overall research report. No personal information about you will be included.
Mace & Menter is a team of UX and service design specialists working with organisations that want to significantly improve the way people experience services.
We’re donating our services for free to help Bristol City Council in their response to Covid-19.
If you’d like to be involved, please email email@example.com. Please put “Fostering research” into the subject line. We’ll be delighted to hear from you.
Here's what we’ve learnt through our research about ways online communities can be much more effective
Some of the tools and techniques we use when we run remote discoveries